There are two role types for organization members: standard and support. Within these two role types, you can set up different specializations (e.g. PCP, nurse, biller) and set different access controls for each specialization.
There is one way to add a new organization member to the EMR:
- Manually create an account for the organization member, send the organization an invite email to set up their password for the EMR, and (optionally) invite them to join your company's zoom account
If you are transitioning from another EMR, you can send your contact at Avon a CSV dump of your existing organization member data and they can help upload the data into the Avon EMR.
All of following steps can also be done using Avon's APIs.
Part 1: Set up medical centers (EMR)
Medical centers is a way to silo data among different medical branches. For example, if your company is working with both Stanford and MGH, you don't want the providers at Stanford to know details about the providers and patients at MGH and vice versa.
With medical centers, you can create two medical centers — one for Stanford and one for MGH and have the data be siloed between them.
Each medical center can have it's own local admins, billing providers, service facilities, referring providers, etc.
Follow the instructions here to set up your medical centers.
Part 2: Set up modules (EMR)
You can hide all of the modules that you are not currently using from both the EMR and patient portal.
Follow the instructions here to set up your modules.
Part 3: Set up specializations (EMR)
For each role type (Standard and Support), you can set up various specializations. You can then set up different access controls per specialization on the module level (e.g. only some specializations are allowed to use the billing module) and on the item level (e.g. only some specializations are allowed to use certain forms).
Follow the instructions here to set up your specializations.
Part 4: Set up access controls (EMR)
You can set up access controls on what different organization members in different specializations can view and do.
Follow the instructions here to set up your access controls.
Part 5: Modify email templates (EMR)
There is a default email template set up for the "Organization Member Invite Email." This can be modified in the email templates section.
Follow the instructions here to modify your email templates.
Part 6: Set up Zoom (EMR)
Organization members with standard role types can be optionally sent an invitation to join your company's zoom account.
Follow the instructions here to set up company Zoom account.
Part 7: Set up custom fields (EMR)
You can create custom fields to extend the information you capture on the standard and support member objects.
Follow the instructions here to set up your custom fields.
Step 1: Create an organization member account (EMR)
To create an organization member account:
Go to the EMR (e.g. emr.avonhealth.com)
Click on the hamburger menu on the top left corner > Organization
Click on "Add a organization member"
Fill out the request information:
- First name
- Last name
- Role (can be Standard or Support)
- Admin (can Global Admin, Local Admin, or Not an Admin)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Medical centers (which medical centers this organization member belongs to)
- NOTE: If the permission settings for an organization member's specialization is set to "has access to all patients" then the organization member can view the charts of all of the patients in the same medical centers as them
- Bio (one-line bio that's show to patients when they are booking an appointment)
- DEA number
- Licensed type
- Licensed in
- Any custom fields that you've set
If the organization member has a standard role type, whether the member should be sent an invitation to your company's zoom account. This enables members to host zoom appointments.
Once you hit "Create", the organization member will:
- Receive "Organization Member Invite Email" with a link to claim their account and set up their password
- Optionally, recieve an invitation from Zoom to join your company's zoom account